Lol, one of the things I’ve always loved about the non-violent communication (NVC) community is its sense of humor …
After enjoying an algae-free spa bath tonight (mostly due to assertiveness skills that I learned through extensive NVC training), I found a priceless article by Kelly Bryson called Perfecting Your Selfishness. It’s actually an excerpt from his NVC-inspired book, which I love and highly recommend, called Don’t Be Nice, Be Real.
Anyway, I loved these “Mottos for Perfecting Your Selfishness” and wanted to share:
Some mottos to help you “Perfect Your Selfishness”:
• Me first and only in every situation at all times.
• Ask for 100% of what you want 100% of the time and be prepared to empathize with any response.
• Never listen to one more word than you want to hear from anyone.
• You never have to answer anyone’s questions because you are not on trial.
• Never do anything to prevent others from freaking out.
• Trust that all your needs are gifts to other people.
• Present your needs like you were Santa Claus passing out gifts. “Ho, ho, ho you luck dog, you get to dance with me, if you’d like”
- Kelly Bryson
About the Author:
Erika Awakening is a Harvard Law School graduate and former practicing attorney. She left the rat race to become a location-independent entrepreneur, holistic life coach, blogger, speaker, healer, and Emotional Freedom Technique (EFT tapping) expert. Erika Awakening is one of the world's foremost experts on eradicating limiting beliefs and lifestyle design on your own terms. Learn more about Erika Awakening
If you liked this article, you will LOVE Erika's EFT tapping video products and coaching ... Get Started Now: